We are committed to the physical well being and education of the children at Nonington Primary School.
From September 2013 the Government allocated funding directly to primary schools to support the provision and quality of PE and sport delivered in schools. Every school with more than 17 primary aged pupils receives £8000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Schools have to spend the funding on improving their PE and sport provision.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.Our plan for the allocation of sports funding can be reviewed in the attachment below.
You can view the Sport funding action plan for Nonington by clicking on the link below.